The most crucial thing in creating software is its quality. Therefore, many firms use outsourcing to develop their business more efficiently. You can entrust this work to your full-time employee, who already knows all the nuances and needs of the company for development. However, the involvement of narrow specialists from outside can give a better product. So which is better? We’ll go into more depth about this below.
Table of Contents
Purpose of outsourcing and its benefits
If you hire an outside firm, it will be easier for them to find flaws in your system. Hired specialists will perform an audit of your system and will be able to assess its condition, eliminating errors if necessary. By choosing this type of cooperation, you will be able to appreciate all the benefits of QA outsourcing.
Economic factor – time and money
If you entrust the work to your specialist, he will need time to gather a team. And by hiring new employees, you will have to add their salary to the expenses budget.
New full-time staff will need time to delve into all the project details and become a well-coordinated team. Therefore, the first period of the work will be the least effective.
You will also have to invest in software QA partner and equipment for conducting tests. And at the end of the project, there will be no need to maintain a new group of specialists who were needed for a certain period.
If there is no extra time and insufficient money, hiring third-party specialists who will save time and money on investing in new equipment is better.
In the finished team, all working moments have been adjusted, and the company has the necessary equipment to complete the project, including testing programs. And having experience in outsourcing, the work will be done quickly and efficiently.
View from the outside
It is much more difficult for a full-time employee to objectively evaluate their result. No wonder they say that the view from the outside is much better because you can see many shortcomings that will be invisible to staff members.
And employees involved from outside constantly assess the situation more correctly and have a high indicator of the quality of the original product.
Experience is essential because it affects the speed of execution and quality. It is unlikely that your specialists will find weaknesses in the project quickly and also be able to combine various quality assurance techniques. But the outsourcing company has no problems with this.
The scope of the project
In the course of work, it may be necessary to expand the project. It entails hiring new engineers and thus increasing wage costs. You may also need to purchase additional equipment. And the QA firm already has it all.
As we can see, this service is very profitable in many aspects, which is why many companies rely on hiring.
Disadvantages of outsourcing
Despite the benefits of hiring, there are also some disadvantages. Namely:
- There is a degree of risk of information leakage when you outsource a firm. Therefore, hiring a reliable company with a good reputation is better.
- It is always more challenging to control the process if it is not at your fingertips. Not everything can be followed. Therefore, it is necessary to stipulate the regulation of working moments by your side in advance and have access at any time during the work stage.
- Keeping in touch with your staff regularly, let alone a remote team can be challenging. But if this issue is discussed in advance, there will be no problems.
There are a few disadvantages, because of which the decision will not be in favor of the QA company. All these shortcomings can be eliminated before signing the contract.
There are two types of hiring, so choose what suits you best:
- Hire a team of experts. The most common way. A well-coordinated team will lead the project from start to finish, solving all problems. A third party will be responsible for the quality of the product. Therefore, you will spend less time controlling the process.
- Separate expert. This option is suitable if you need to conduct a different type of testing rather than the whole complex.
Thus, the choice of the type of outsourcing depends on the kind of task.
Also Read: Seven Thrilling Education Games Online
There are 2 payment options for outsourcing services:
- Fix price. Before the start of the project, the cost and terms are fixed and will not change during the work. This option suits a small task if no changes or additions are required.
- Payment for time and materials. You pay for the time spent by specialists on the project, as well as for the equipment that they need to purchase. In this case, initially, it will not be known how much the project will cost you.